SpaceSavingSleeves.com

This post is really nothing more than a free advertisement so if you decide to click away from it I wouldn't be surprised, but music lovers who are running out of storage space for their large CD collections - and can't stand the thought of parting with any of them - may want to keep reading.

SpaceSavingSleeves.com - a company I have no affiliation with other than as a satisfied customer - has a solution for you. They did not ask me to post this article for them.

I never understood why CDs came in hard plastic boxes when they were much more durable than vinyl records that were protected almost exclusively by paper and cardboard. I understand that plastic packaging for a 12" record could be unwieldy and too heavy - especially if you are carrying a pile of them - but there was never any good reason I could think of to sell CDs in jewel boxes that take up a lot of space and are easily damaged. The cardboard packaging in which most CDs are currently sold should have always been sufficient.

You can literally reduce the shelf space you need for your discs by 75% by transferring all of them from jewel boxes to 4mm thick polyethylene sleeves. The job is definitely time consuming but it's a very easy undertaking as the video below will prove to you. The best part is that you'll be able to keep all of the artwork, booklets, liner notes and tray cards that came with the original jewel boxes, plus you'll still be able to read the name of the CD printed on the spine of the tray card.

In addition, you can buy poly-lined, paper inner sleeves to further protect your precious CDs, something that is especially important for multi-disc sets.

I ordered a thousand sleeves at a price of $174.95 which is only 17.5¢ per sleeve. No tax is added unless you live in Washington state where SpaceSavingSleeves is located. Shipping is included. Smaller quantities can be ordered for less money, but you'll get less bang for your buck because the price per sleeve is higher.

I first discovered this unique little product while ordering a CD from Discogs. The webpage displaying the item I wanted to order had a link to SpaceSavingSleeves and the seller of the disc said it would be mailed to me in one of the company's sleeves. I was immediately intrigued and clicked on the link to learn more. After I received my purchase I made sure the sleeve fit on my shelves because they're slightly taller than a jewel box. It did, with room to spare.

The company also sells special sleeves for your DVD and Blu-Ray collections.

Comments

WHAT'S HOT TODAY!

Slower Than Slow: 16 RPM Records

Why Do 45 RPM Records Have Big Holes?

Primrose Hill, James McCartney's New Single, Was Written With Sean Lennon

The Late Dickey Betts Discusses How Jimmy Carter's Friendship With The Allman Brothers Band Helped The Candidate Win The 1976 Presidential Election

Terry Kath's Solo on "25 or 6 to 4"